Maintain the public trust in spending public funds by meeting the highest standard of ethics and performance.
Our Goals & Objectives
- Attain maximum service levels with maximum cost-effectiveness and legal accountability.
- Maintain comprehensive and current knowledge in the field of Purchasing and Material Management.
- Develop trust, confidence and respect for the District and the District's business function.
- Represent and promote the District and Business Services via community involvement.
- Understand and support the District's mission and its strategic goals, including the goals of each division.
What do we do?
We support every staff member in every department in every division, on every campus, and we do it in one or more capacities every day. Every activity on campus includes involvement or support from Purchasing and Material Management, from multi-million dollar construction projects down to daily delivery of mail.
The Purchasing and Material Management staff handle the District's purchasing, contracting, bidding, asset management, shipping and receiving, copy/printing services, mail services and records management.
With regard to Purchasing and Contracting, here is what we do every day:
- Save the District money, time and risk;
- Protect the District against liability, fraud and inappropriate business practices; and
- Procure the right goods or services, at the right time, the right way and at the right price.