The Music Department offers programs in both traditional and commercial music, providing courses for students planning to transfer to four-year institutions in both majors as well as for students completing general education requirements. Students may also earn certificates or associate degrees in commercial music majors. Performance opportunities are available for both music and non-music majors.
Careers in traditional music include professional performance, conducting, arts management, composing, academic research, and public and private teaching. Employment opportunities in the commercial music industry include audio recording, computerized music systems, sound reinforcement and production.
“Honestly, I wasn’t the best singer when I was a little girl, but I loved it. The music department here is exceptional. I love the directors and music instructors who themselves are professionals in the field. Learning from them and being part of professional gigs has shown me I can really go for my dreams.” explains Rogers.Read more about Jazmine
Purchase Music Concert Tickets
Academic Programs in Music
The academic maps will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize your education plan.
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
- Music Performances: Check out upcoming performances and music related events.
- Orchestra: Access information on MiraCosta's Symphony Orchestra.
- Music Technology: Obtain information about degrees and certificates offered in Music Technology.
- Request Additional Information: Learn more about all that MiraCosta College has to offer.
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure
Discover the success of our students in certificate programs that lead to employment.
Building OC 2700