Administration of Justice is the study of the structure, functions, laws/procedures, and decision-making processes of those agencies that deal with the management of crime--the police, prosecutors, courts and correctional facilities. Students may take courses to prepare for a major in criminal justice, criminology or law enforcement or to fulfill general education requirements. Courses are also of interest to professionals working in law enforcement, corrections or other related fields.
Career options include work in federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, correctional agencies and institutions, and private security agencies.
Meet Officer Thomas Sudnick, the newest member of the West Springfield, Mass., Police Department – thanks in no small part to MiraCosta College. “This is an excellent job and like a dream come true,” said Sudnick. “And I really wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for MiraCosta.”Read More About Thomas-
Academic Programs in Administration of Justice
The academic maps will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize your education plan.
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Administration of Justice for Transfer||MAP|
- Administration of Justice Career Options Video: Learn all about career options in Administration of Justice.
- Molly’s Pick – Careers in Law
- Criminal Justice links:
4,850 Criminal Justice links leading to about 500,000 CJ web links
- Institute at Cornell: Access a database of legaliInformation
- World Justice Information Network:
Global network of knowledge about crime and justice by Russian-born Sergey Chapkey
- The Police Guide
Ranked #1 collector's site in law enforcement
- California Peace Officer Standards and Training
- Link to the 29 California Codes, the California Constitution and Statutes
- State Bar of California
- Request Additional Information: Learn more about all that MiraCosta College has to offer.
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure:
Discover the success of our students in certificate programs that lead to employment.