How do I access bookstore services?
The store is closed to in-person business, but the online store is open and fully operational, fulfilling online orders through the campus store website and working to fulfill those orders within 24 hours, whenever possible. Students can also view updated FAQs on the website.
Visit the bookstore at www.MiraCostaShop.com for more information.
Departments in need of Bookstore merchandise can reach out to Cara Michalk at email@example.com.
Will the college be secure?
College Police remain fully operational and on campus to ensure safety, and to provide assistance, such as room access and disarming/responding to alarms. Police officers are working 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, Monday - Friday at the Oceanside campus, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at the San Elijo campus and Community Learning Center, and 7:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturdays at the Oceanside campus. Community Service Officers are at the Oceanside campus all night long every night, providing 24/7 security.
College Police is responding to calls for services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 760.795.6640, or for emergencies, extension 6911.
The College Police Office will also act as a drop off point for students to return rental books back to the Bookstore for those that do not have a physical address or cannot print out the free return shipping labels.
How can I access my building or classroom if I don’t have a key/fob?
College Police staff are available to unlock doors during the following times:
7:00 am to 11:00 pm
7:00 am to 3:00pm
San Elijo Campus and Community Learning Center
8:00 am to 7:00 pm
College Police can be contacted at 760.795.6640.
What are the hours of operation for services?
All grounds, maintenance, and custodial services continue to operate 5 days a week to address cleaning, and safety needs. Should you need assistance with any facilities related issue, please feel free to contact the Help Desk at extension 6690.
- Building Maintenance Coverage:
- CLC: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- OCN: Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm (8:00 am to 4:30 pm during weeks with holidays) and Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm until classes resume
- SAN: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Custodial Coverage: Monday-Thursday, 3:00 pm to 12:30 am , Friday, 3:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Grounds Coverage:
- CLC: Tuesday & Friday, 5:30 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday-Friday, 5:30 am to 4:00 pm after construction projects have been completed.
- OCN: Monday-Friday, 5:30 am to 4:00 pm
- SAN: Monday-Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Additional coverage is available at all sites Monday-Friday as needed, and 7 days per week in case of emergencies.
Are Campus Events and Civic Center Use cancelled?
Large events on campus are cancelled or postponed until after May 31, 2020. The district is looking at options to reformat graduation and the Spring Celebration of Excellence in order to celebrate our students and employees. More information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
Will custodial staff disinfect tables and chairs, and other common surfaces in their nightly routine?
The district has reprioritized custodial work to emphasize disinfecting high touch areas such as student desks, tables, door handles, service counters, as well as all restrooms. The districtwill follow all cleaning practices recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and California Department of Public Health.
If you are planning to come on campus for any reason, please notify your supervisor and complete the MCC Room Usage/Cleaning Inventory grid. This will allow custodial staff to know which rooms may need additional cleaning.
Will construction projects be cancelled or delayed?
All construction activities at the college will continue as planned. We will continue to have a program management representative at each site to help with construction coordination and issue resolution, with the remainder of the staff working remotely to ensure projects remain on schedule and invoices are paid.
California Governor Gavin Newsom amended the 3/19/2020 shelter-in-place order to specifically exempt construction activities. The Governor added “Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects” to the list of sectors exempted from the shelter-in-place order.
Will building planning and project design work continue to move forward?
Yes, schematic design work on multiple projects will continue to move forward. Design Teams and task forces will continue to meet via Zoom and utilize electronic means of communication to ensure we are receiving the appropriate : input form constituents and users.
Fiscal Services: Accounting
I received an invoice, what should I do?
Please scan the invoice and email it to AccountsPayable@miracosta.edu, with subject line “Invoice-xxx” (replace xxx with the supplier name). You may also inter office mail it to Accounting, MS#6.
I am waiting on a reimbursement check, I have not received it. What do I do?
Please review your Expense Report in Workday for status information on your reimbursement. Job Aids on Workday processes are available in the Sharepoint Portal for Workday Training.
I have a mileage reimbursement form to turn in. What do I do?
Please process an Expense Report in Workday for mileage reimbursement. Job Aids on Workday processes are available in the Sharepoint Portal for Workday Training.
Fiscal Services: Cashiering Services
Is the Cashier’s Office open for walk-ins?
The Cashier’s Office is open for walk-ins on Fridays, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Visit the Cashier's Office website for more information.
losed for walk-ins Monday - Thursdays.Cashiering Services are available through the SURF payment/check-out system. Please contact Kristin Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org, for cashiering services questions.
Fiscal Services: Purchasing
Will Purchasing be operational?
The Purchasing Office is open and committed to meeting your supply and ordering needs. Staff are working on site and remotely to ensure we are able to continue to meet the needs of our departments and programs. We ask that all deliveries be routed to the Oceanside campus, unless other arrangements have been made with Mina Hernandez, Director of Purchasing and Materials Management, email@example.com.
What are the purchasing deadlines for FY21?
The following are Purchasing’s fiscal year-end deadlines:
- Now - Budget Review: Please review your budget and plan expenditures through the end of the fiscal year. Review pending requisitions (REQs) and correct any unresolved issues.
- March 29th - Capital Equipment REQs: Last day to enter REQs for capital equipment orders as they have an 8-12 week delivery time and/or may exceed $90,000. This ensures sufficient time to issue a formal bid, secure Board approval, order and receive the goods by June 30th.
- April 15th - Unrestricted Funds REQs: Last day to submit REQs using unrestricted funds.
- May 3rd - Restricted Funds REQs: Last day to submit REQs using restricted funds.
- June 1st - Change Orders: Last day to submit Purchase Order (PO) Change Orders (COs) requests. No CO or blanket order adjustments will be made after this date.
- June 1st - FY21/22 REQs: You will be able to create new REQs and blanket REQs for FY21/22 and upload completed/approved agreements to your REQs.
- June 1st - Incomplete REQs: Incomplete REQs for FY20/21 will be closed.
- June 1st - Punchouts: Districtwide end users may use Office Depot punchout through June 1st. For Amazon, CDW-G and Grainger punchouts, only those participating in working groups may use these punchouts through June 1st. These punchouts will rollout to the District on July 1st.
- June 11th - Blanket PO orders: Last day to order against a FY 20/21 Blanket PO.
- June 30th - Warehouse Deliveries: All orders must be received in the District Warehouse. Orders delivered after June 30, 2021 will be charged to your FY21/22 budget.
- July 1st - Issue FY21/22 POs: Purchasing will begin issuing FY21/22 POs.
What are the Copy Center’s operating hours?
Beginning April 13, 2020 the Copy Center will temporarily change its hours.
Copy Center on-site hours will be: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am - 6:30 pm and Friday, 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Orders can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- orders received after 1:00 pm will be processed the next business day.
- orders received by 9:00 am will have same day pickup before 1:00 pm. Black ink only.
Orders will be delivered to each of the campuses on the following days:
- Oceanside Campus - Monday-Friday
- SAN, CLC, TCI - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Color orders will continue to be sent off campus and require 3-5 business days. For questions please call: 760-795-6744
Will mail be delivered?
Regular mail pick-up and delivery will continue as per the schedule below:
- Oceanside Campus
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- San Elijo Campus
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Community Learning Center
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Technology Career Institute
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Warehouse Hours & Delivery
Is the warehouse open to accept deliveries?
The Oceanside Campus warehouse is open daily from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm to accept all deliveries for the District. We ask that all deliveries be routed to the Oceanside campus, unless other arrangements have been made with Mina Hernandez, Director of Purchasing and Materials Management, email@example.com.
Where will the goods I ordered be delivered?
The warehouse staff will deliver all goods directly to the requester’s location. If the requester is not available to receive the delivery at their location, an email will be sent notifying the requestor the goods were received and where (building/room number) the goods were delivered.