Weight Loss Programs & Resources
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
Contact Carolyn Sneary, Human Resources Supervisor, email@example.com or (760) 795-6855 for more information about the MiraCosta WW at Work Program.
- Weight Loss Programs for Kaiser Members
- Sharp Weight Management Programs
- Health Coach - Healthy Adventures Foundation
Contact a Healthy Adventures Foundation health coach by email or call (619) 466-4386.
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality Online Resources
- Shape Up America!
Founded by former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, Shape Up America! provides materials about safe dietary and physical fitness strategies for successful weight management; website includes information on body fat assessment and BMI and a physical activity IQ quiz.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Includes an online body mass index calculator, tips on getting started on a weight loss program, recipes, food shopping advice, and a food and physical activity diary.
- American Dietetic Association
Provides a wide range of materials relating to healthy eating habits; the site includes fact sheets covering a variety of weight management topics, including healthy strategies for gaining or losing weight. Detailed, scientific ADA position papers on fat replacers, eating disorders, weight management, and other issues also are available.
Smoking Cessation Programs & Resources
As a fringe benefit, the District will pay up to $150 of the cost of a stop-smoking program for permanent employees (one time only). Please contact Human Resources for more information about this benefit.
- Smoking Cessation Programs for Kaiser Members
- American Lung Association, Freedom from Smoking Online Program or 800-LUNG-USA
- Nicotine Anonymous or 877-879-6422
- California Smoker’s Hotline
- Re-learn Life without Cigarettes
- Smoke Free
- What is your Stress Level? (Interactive Tool)
Customized plan for Kaiser members to help manage symptoms and health issues related to stress.
- The American Institute of Stress - Provides information and newsletter on stress and other health topics.
- American Psychological Association - The Help Center provides information on stress management and psychological disorders.
FitDay is a free online diet and weight-loss journal. The FitDay journal allows you to track your diet and activities with no guess work. This lets you take control of your diet and fitness and achieve your fitness goals.
- American Heart Association
- Shape Up America! - The Fitness Center
This site features a variety of ways to improve your fitness and loose weight, offering assessment tools, tips on motivation and ways to design an improvement program that matches your individual needs and goals.
- IDEA Health and Fitness Association
Articles, tips and links on a variety of fitness-related topics.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
ACE features fact sheets on many consumer topics, including choosing shoes, cross-training, steroids, and getting started on an exercise program.
Healthy Recipes and Nutrition
- Healthy Recipes, United Healthcare
- Cooking Light Magazine, A source for low-fat recipes
- American Heart Association
Health Risk Assessment Tools
- Kaiser Members
- Healthy Adventures Foundation - Wellness Program Participants
Registration required to access health assessments or you can contact a health coach from Healthy Adventures Foundation by email or call (619) 466-4386. A username and password will be required to access the online health assessments which will be provided by Healthy Adventures to eligible employees.