The Bridges Program is intended to support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) students from under-represented groups for seamless transition from MiraCosta College to four year universities. The program is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and is sponsored by the Office for Training, Research and Education in the Sciences at CSU San Marcos. The program features:
- Financial support of $13,900 per academic year
- Faculty mentoring and advising
- Academic support, educational and professional development workshops
- Research Opportunities-Lab shadowing, independent research, conference attendance
- A supportive community of scholars
Application deadline for 2023/2024 academic year is rolling
Additional application materials:
- College transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Personal statement that addresses your background and your educational and career goals as they relate to your interest in scientific research (1-2 pages).
- One letter of recommendation from a math or science instructor sent directly to Pedro Morgado at MS1 or byemail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US Citizen or Non-citizen National
- Member of a demographic group NIH defines as underrepresented in biomedical research (Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, individuals with disabilities, individuals from financially disadvantaged backgrounds)
- Full-time MiraCosta Student
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- STEM Major
- Interest in Pursuing Master’s degree or PhD in STEM Field
To learn more about the program email the program director Pedro Morgado: email@example.com.