THE IT HELP DESK WILL BE CLOSED DURING THE WINTER BREAK FROM 12/23/2023 TO 1/1/2024. WE WILL RETURN ON 1/2/2024.
On January 5th, 2022, MiraCosta College launched the new OKTA Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA/2FA) security layer. The MFA/2FA provides additional protection to secure our student’s accounts. Please follow these steps to Set up your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). If you need further assistance, you may contact the IT Help Desk.
The MiraCosta College’s IT Help Desk facilitates our students with the following services:
- Provide first contact technical support to our students who are experiencing issues with our campus online portals such as SURF, Canvas, Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) Servers, Virtual Machine/Desktop (VMware), Wi-Fi, etc.
- Respond or redirect our students' requests regarding District Programs, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide basic administrative guidance and procedures to register; matriculate; search, add, drop, and pay for classes; view books; purchase parking permits; view grades; order transcripts; etc.
- Troubleshooting logging complications such as onboarding and unlocking accounts, passwords reset, Office 365 and email, etc.
- Provide “How to” tutorials to support our online portals.
- Route requests to respective departments for specific support.
- Facilitate our students' requests via phone calls, emails, and Live Chat via the Spartan Chatbot located at the bottom of your screen..