On January 5th, 2022, MiraCosta College launched the new OKTA Multi Factor Authentication (MFA/2FA) security layer. The MFA/2FA provides additional protection to secure our student’s accounts. Please follow these steps to Set up your Multi Factor Authentication (MFA). If you need further assistance, you may contact the Student Help Desk.
MiraCosta College (MCC) registered students may use their MCC login credentials to access our online portals such as: SURF, Canvas, Wireless Network Access (Wi-Fi), Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Virtual Machine/Desktop (VMWare), Office 365 and Email, Lab Printing, and some Library Online Databases.
Important information about your MCC login credentials and MFA/2FA
- Your password expires every 360 days from the time you set up or reset your password.
- Due to security reasons, after five failed attempts, our password system will automatically lock your account.
- To unlock your account, you may wait 15 minutes and try again or you may contact the Student HelpDesk for further assistance.
- The Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) a.k.a. 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a security layer that provides additional protection to secure our student's accounts. At MiraCosta College, you have the option to set up more than one MFA/2FA methods.
- Your assigned SURF ID ex. W7654321 can not be modified.