Heartland ECSI is the company that generates the 1098-T Forms for MiraCosta College.
Tax Forms 1098-T are automatically generated only if you have met the following conditions:
- Fees were paid out of pocket during the respective year.
- Qualified fees: enrollment, non-resident, and course material fees.
- Excluded fees: State-mandated Health Services fee, and Student Center fee.
- Not eligible for 1098-T if your classes were paid with Financial Aid and/or Military Educational Benefit funds.
- Enrolled courses were passes with a “C” or better.
- Possess a valid social security number.
Select this link for more info about the Form 1098-T
There are two options to retrieve your Tax Form 1098-T:
At the SURF home webpage, select the Log In tile.
- Enter your SURF ID and Password on the MiraCosta College Login prompt.
- Select the Sign In button.
At the Student Center screen, select the Financial Account tile.
On the left pane under Account Services select View 1098-T.
If prompted, select the Grant Consent button to complete the 1098-T online access agreement.
On the right pane, select the respective tax year link.
- Note: Select the Box Amount button to view the payments made per tax year.
- Note: Your pop-up blocker must be disabled to view your Tax Form 1098-T
- Click to learn how to Manage Pop-up Blocker.
- Use your browser to print the respective page.
If the tax year links are not active, go to Option 2.
Access the Heartland ECSI website.
- Select this link "To access your 1098-T tax form." and follow its steps.
Heartland ECSI Customer Service:
- Click the Contact Us link at their website.
- Or call at 866.428.1098, M-F 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM EST.
- Or click their Live chat red box.
MiraCosta Student Account Office:
- Call 760-795-6835 or 6702
- Alternative: you may stop by the office and request a print copy of your 1098-T.
- MiraCosta College EIN: 95-6006662