Employment Training Panel
The Employment Training Panel (ETP) provides funding to employers to assist in upgrading the skills of their workers through training that leads to good paying, long-term jobs. The ETP was created in 1982 by the California State Legislature and is funded by California employers through a special payroll tax. The ETP is a funding agency, not a training agency. Businesses determine their own training needs and how to provide training. ETP has awarded millions of dollars in contracts to the CA Community Colleges to serve employers in their districts.
MiraCosta College Training Center works with ETP to secure funding on behalf of our clients. We will handle all the administrative processes including your application, contracts, ETP monitoring and reimbursement of funds. Our programs are customized to fit your specific business needs and goals!
MiraCosta College Training Center works with businesses to provide education and training opportunities that will increase employee productivity and help businesses retain their pool of talented employees. Through the numerous resources we provide, we help keep businesses competitive and increase their bottom line. Our dedication is working with the local business community and listening to their needs.
ETP Training Program Benefits
For the Employer, the community, and the Californian economy:
- Aid in global economy competitiveness
- Align with California Community College Chancellor’s Office Workforce and Economic Development Division initiatives
- Layoff aversion and business expansion
- Maintain high-performance workplaces
- Provide skill sets/training at reduced costs
- Provide skills for good-paying jobs
- Strengthen businesses competitive edge
Training / Courses Offered at MiraCosta College
- Manufacturing / Advanced Technologies
- LEAN / Six Sigma
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Business / Professional Skills