Spring 2023 Flex Schedule
The Flex schedule is a living document and continual work in progress! Keep checking back for a look at the schedule. Zoom links, All College Day information, and workshop recordings, will be updated on the Flex schedule as received.
Professional Development is more than just a Flex obligation!
"Reconsider what professional development can mean for you and your colleagues as we work together to create what college looks like for students post-pandemic."
Associate Faculty ~ Deadline to Report Professional Development/Flex Hours for the
the Spring 2023 semester is Friday, April 21, 2023 (by midnight).
You may include hours for activities you participated in starting January 1, 2023 and can also include anticipated activities through the end of the semester, May 26, 2023.
Carryover hours from the Fall to the Spring Semester (only)
If you teach in the Fall semester and have more hours than you needed to meet your Flex obligation, you may carryover those hours to the next Spring semester in that same academic year.
Please read and follow the step-by-step instructions for carrying over hours, very carefully.
Visit our Canvas Website ~ to find Dates and Deadlines, Log Into MyFlex, Propose a Flex Workshop, Project Joy, Find Resources / Opportunities for Professional Development, the Teaching and Learning Center (C3), Forms, Information, and much more...
- PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
- The PDP Committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby instructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
- The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout each semester, develops the flex calendar, maintains a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources!
Committee Members 2022-2023
- Aaron Roberts (PDP Coordinator)
- TBD (Administrator)
- Anna Alessi (Associate Faculty)
- Giana Carey
- Sean Davis
- Xuchi Eggleton
- Rica French
- Bruce Hoskins
- Tricia Hoste
- Dominque Ingato
- Jim Julius
- Lynne Miller
- Brian Page (Associate Faculty)
- Zika Perovic
- JahB Prescott
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas & Minutes - 2022-2023
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:00am - 1:00pm.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings will continue to occur via Zoom until further notice.
Zoom links will be provided in the agendas 72 hours prior to the meeting.
From Spring 2022
Approved at the first
|September 9, 2022 Minutes|
|October 14, 2022 Agenda||October 14, 2022 Minutes|
|November 11, 2022 - (no meeting - Veterans Day Holiday)|
|February 10, 2023 Agenda||February 10, 2023 Minutes|
|March 10, 2023 Agenda||March 10, 2023 Minutes|
|April 14, 2023 Agenda||April 14, 2023 Minutes|
|May 12, 2023 Agenda||May 12, 2023 Minutes|