Fall 2023 Flex Schedule
The Flex schedule is a living document and continual work in progress! Keep checking back for a look at the schedule. Zoom links, All College Day information, and workshop recordings, will be updated on the Flex schedule as received.
Professional Development is more than just a Flex obligation!
"Reconsider what professional development can mean for you and your colleagues as we work together to create what college looks like for students post-pandemic."
Associate Faculty ~ Deadline to Report Professional Development/Flex Hours for the
the Fall 2023 semester is Thursday, November 9, 2023 (by midnight).
NOTE: Friday, November 10, 2023 is the Veteran's Day Holiday; there is no school on that day.
You may include hours for activities you participated in starting July 1, 2023 and can also include anticipated activities through the end of the semester, December 16, 2023.
Carryover hours from the Fall to the Spring Semester (only)
If you teach in the Fall semester and have more hours than you needed to meet your Flex obligation, you may carryover those hours to the next Spring semester in that same academic year. Record those extra hours on your fall MyFlex transcript. Please read and follow the step-by-step instructions for carrying over hours, very carefully.
Visit our Canvas Website ~ to find Dates and Deadlines, Log Into MyFlex, Propose a Flex Workshop, Project Joy, Find Resources / Opportunities for Professional Development, the Teaching and Learning Center (C3), Forms, Information, and much more...
- PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
- The PDP Committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby instructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
- The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout each semester, develops the flex calendar, maintains a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources!
Committee Members 2023-2024
- Aaron Roberts (Chair/PDP Coordinator)
- Xuchi Eggleton
- Rica French
- Ansina Green
- Bruce Hoskins
- Tricia Hoste
- Dominque Ingato
- Jim Julius
- Ghada Osman
- Brian Page (Associate Faculty)
- Zika Perovic
- Denee Pescarmona (Administrator)
- Andrea Petri
- JahB Prescott
- Jim Sullivan
- Carlos Velasco (Associate Faculty)
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas & Minutes - 2023-2024
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:00am - 1:00pm.
The committee will meet in person in a room TBD and via Zoom. Zoom links will be provided in the agendas 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- September 8, 2023 Agenda | September 8, 2023 Minutes
- October 13, 2023 Agenda | October 13, 2023 Minutes
- November 10, 2023 - Holiday - no meeting
- December 8, 2023 Agenda | December 8, 2023 Minutes
- February 9, 2024 Agenda | February 9, 2024 Minutes
- March 8, 2024 Agenda | March 8, 2024 Minutes
- April 12, 2024 Agenda | April 12, 2024 Minutes
- May 10, 2024 Agenda | May 10, 2024 Minutes