Professional Development is more than just a Flex obligation!
"Reconsider what professional development can mean for you and your colleagues as we work together to create what college looks like for students post-pandemic."
Check out this videofrom our new PDP Coordinator, Denise Stephenson, for a closer look!
Associate Faculty ~ Deadline to Report Professional Development/Flex Hours
for the the Spring 2022 semester is Friday, April 22, 2022 (by midnight)
You may include hours for activities you participated in starting January 1, 2022 and
can also include anticipated activities through the end of the semester, May 27, 2022.
Carryover hours from the Fall to the Spring Semester (only)
If you teach in the Fall semester and have more hours than you needed to meet your Flex obligation, you may carryover those hours to the next Spring semester in that same academic year.
Please read and follow the step-by-step instructions for carrying over hours, very carefully.
SPRING 2022 Flex Week Schedule
(The Flex schedule is a work in progress! Zoom links, and ACD information will be updated soon.)
To find Dates and Deadlines, Log Into MyFlex, Propose a Flex Workshop, Project Joy,
Find Resources / Opportunities for Professional Development, the Teaching and Learning
Center (C3), Forms, Information, and much more...
Visit our Canvas Website
- PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
- The PDP Committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby instructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
- The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout each semester, develops the flex calendar, maintains a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources!
Committee Members 2021-2022
- Denise Stephenson (PDP Coordinator)
- Anna Alessi (Associate Faculty)
- Tony Burman
- Sandy Comstock (Administrator)
- Sean Davis (on sabbatical spring 2022)
- Rica French
- Thao Ha
- Rachel Hastings
- Dominque Ingato
- Jim Julius
- Lauren McFall (spring 2022 for Sean Davis)
- Serena Mercado
- Lynne Miller
- Brian Page (Associate Faculty)
- Zika Perovic
- JabB Prescott
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas & Minutes - 2021-2022
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:00am - 1:00pm.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings will occur via Zoom until further notice.
Zoom links will be provided in the agendas 72 hours prior to the meeting.
|September 10, 2021 Agenda||September 10, 2021 Minutes|
|October 8, 2021 Special Meeting Agenda||October 8, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes|
|October 8, 2021 Agenda||October 8, 2021 Minutes|
|October 28, 2021 Special Meeting Agenda (cancelled)||October 29, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes (cancelled)|
|November 12, 2021 - (no meeting - holiday)||November 12, 2021 Minutes (no meeting - holiday)|
|February 11, 2022 Agenda
(Special & Reg Meetings)
|February 11, 2022 Special Meeting Minutes
February 11, 2022 Regular Meeting Minutes
|March 11, 2022 Agenda||March 11, 2022 Minutes|
|April 8, 2022 Agenda||April 8, 2022 Minutes|
|May 13, 2022 Agenda||May 13, 2022 Minutes|