To celebrate faculty accomplishments locally and statewide by 1) encouraging MiraCosta faculty to apply for ASCCC Awards and, using the criteria of those awards, selecting nominees to be forwarded to the state level; and 2) developing and implementing local faculty awards for presentation during campus-wide ceremonies; and 3) facilitating other nomination processes for faculty awards as they arise.
Regular Academic Senate committee with five members, the Coordinating Officer as chair, two full-time and two associate faculty for two-year terms.
Meeting Schedule and Agendas
The Academic Senate Faculty Awards committee meets once a month.
2020 - 2021 Meeting Schedule and Agendas
Meetings will be held via Zoom.
The Zoom link will be in the Agenda provided 72 hours prior to the meeting.
Fall 2020 Agendas
Spring 2021 Agendas
Statewide ASCCC Awards
- Mid-May - Announcement for Fall submission
- Mid-September - Call for nominations
- Mid-October - Applications due to Faculty Awards Chair
- October - Nomination before Senate
- November - Packet to ASCCC
- Early October - Call for nominations
- Early November - Applications due to Faculty Awards Chair
- December - Nomination before Senate
- December - Packet to ASCCC
- November - Call for nominations
- Early January - Applications due to Faculty Awards Chair
- January - Nomination before Senate
- February - Packet to ASCCC
- February - Call for nominations
- March - Nominations due to Faculty Awards Chair
- April - Winner(s) announced at Spring Celebration of Excellence
Committee Membership 2020-21
- Thao Ha (Chair)
- Karla Cordero (Associate Faculty)
- Christina Johnson
- Vicky Noddings
- Jose Rodriguez (Associate Faculty)