The Equivalency Committee's mission is to ensure that faculty members hired by the District, who do not directly meet minimum qualifications as stated in Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges, possess qualifications that are at least equivalent to the applicable minimum qualifications as per Education Code §87359.
- Review equivalency requests from faculty applicants and make recommendations to Academic Senate to approve or not approve;
- Review comparable degree requests from department chairs and make recommendations to Academic Senate to approve or not approve;
- Coordinate with Human Resources to answer questions about the equivalency process from applicants and department chairs;
- Recommend changes as needed to AP7211.2 (Minimum Qualifications and Equivalencies) to Academic Senate; and
- Recommend changes as needed to the "Instructions for Faculty Equivalency Requests" document.
The Equivalency Committee meets theTuesdays after 4:30pm or Thursdays after 1:30pm unless otherwise noted.
Fall 2023 Equivalency Committee Schedule
- August 4, 2023 | Agenda
- August 29, 2023 | Agenda
- November 14, 2023 | Agenda
- November 28, 2023 | Agenda
Spring 2024 Equivalency Committee Schedule
Comparable Degree Titles (CDT)
- Comparable degree titles approved by the MCC Board of Trustees
- Administrative Procedure 7211.2: Minimum Qualification and Equivalencies
Committee Membership 2023 - 2024
- Elizabeth Clarke
- Ashley Davis
- Jeff Ihara, Chair
- Paul Katson
- Richard Ma (ad hoc member)
- Dan Siegel
- Glorian Sipman