Interested in applying your imagination and creative talents? The Creative and Applied Arts ACP supports a community of learners broadly focused on visual and performing arts as well as commercial application of artistic expressions.
- Our programs of study will help you develop artistic skills that can be applied in fulfilling careers in technical theater production, stagecraft, graphic design, web and interactive design, illustration, digital photography, audio production, recording technology, and more.
- If a bachelor’s or master’s degree is in your future, our creative arts majors will prepare you for transfer opportunities in the areas of art, music, dance, theater, film, design, and photography.
Career in Creative & Applied Arts *
- Painters, illustrators, photographers, film makers, art critics, art teachers, and art dealers.
- Dancers, choreographers, actors, producers, casting directors, talent agents, and set designers
- Composers, arrangers, music promoters, music teachers, sound designers, sound editors, and recording technicians.
- Advertising artists, graphic designers, animators, web designers, and videographers.
* Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Kristina Kalchev always dreamed big. She knew since she was young that she wanted to become not only a film director, but also a film composer and songwriter. Thanks to the lessons learned at MiraCosta College, Kalchev has already captured an Emmy Award and is well on her way toward reaching her dreams. “MiraCosta was perfect for me,” Kalchev said. “It provided an awesome opportunity to dip my toes into film, musical performance and music technology, all while getting my undergraduate requirements out of the way.”Read More About Kristina
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Art||Art History for Transfer||MAP|
|Studio Arts for Transfer||MAP|
|Dance||Dance (prior training)||MAP|
|Dance (no prior training)||MAP|
|Dance Instructor (prior training)||MAP|
|Dance Instructor (no prior training)||MAP|
|Dramatic Arts||Design and Technology|
|Design and Technology (MCC GE)||MAP|
|Design and Technology (IGETC)||MAP|
|Theatre Arts for Transfer||MAP|
|Film||Film, Television, and Electronic Media for Transfer||MAP|
|Liberal Arts: Creative and Applied Arts||Liberal Arts: Creative and Applied Arts|
|Media Arts & Technologies||Digital and Print Publishing|
|Digital Media Foundations|
|Video and Animation|
|Video and Media Design||MAP|
|Web Development and Design||MAP|
|Web Development and Design|
|Music Technology||Business of Music & Media|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.