Are you inspired by the use of language and communication to shed light on global issues, struggles, and stories? Would you like to build a world where people connect to each other through language, ideas, and cultural expression?
- The knowledge and skills gained through the Languages, Communication, and Humanities ACP will prepare you for career and transfer opportunities in a broad range of fields, such as teaching, translation and interpretation, journalism, media, entertainment, marketing, public relations, government, international business, international relations, and law.
Careers in Languages, Communication, & Humanities *
- Teachers, professors, and educators.
- Diplomats, Foreign Service officers, lawyers, and historians.
- Language interpreters, translators, and linguists.
- Publishers, journalists, writers, copywriters, and public relations, advertising, and marketing professionals.
* Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Dr. Alfredo A. Martinez-Morales
Distinguished recipient of the UC Dissertation-Year Fellowship. Author and co-author of numerous research publications on nanowire arrays and quantum dots. Respected scientist in the field of solar energy, nanoelectronics and photovoltaics. Dr. Alfredo A. Martinez-Morales has traveled far and accomplished much since leaving his distant homeland of Oaxaca, Mexico, as a teenager.Read More About Alfredo
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Communication||Communication Studies for Transfer||MAP|
|English||English for Transfer||MAP|
|French||French (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Italian||Italian (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities||Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities|
|Literature||English Literature Major Prep||MAP|
|Spanish||Career Spanish for Medical Personnel|
|Spanish for Transfer (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Spanish for Transfer (IGETC)||MAP|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.