Horticulture Department Open House
August 9, 2023
5:00pm - 7:00pm, Bldg. 7000, Room 7051
1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056
Join us to learn more about Horticulture certificate and degree opportunities and Fall 2023 course offerings, meet faculty and other students, and tour the facility. Refreshments and an opportunity drawing will be available.
Schedule A Tour Of The Horticulture Facility
See where hands-on learning happens! Talk with faculty and staff about Certificate & Degree Programs, internships, scholarships, and career opportunities. Find out about:
- How you can get on the Pathway to PCA (Pest Control Adviser)
- Learning to be an organic farmer with Sustainable Agriculture classes
- Studying Viticulture & Enology to become a wine-grape grower or wine maker
- The art and science of Sustainable Nursery Crop Production
- Opportunities for increased success with Sustainable Landscape Management practices
- Developing career advancing skills in Irrigation Technology
- Putting your creativity to work in Landscape Design/Architecture
Whichever path you choose, hands-on experience and classroom learning will get your
life moving in a new direction!
Any of these majors may be completed in just over three semesters by students who attend full-time.
For more information about scheduling a tour please contact Carolyn Kinnon at or at 760.757.2121 x6482
Horticulture Hosted Regional High School FFA Contest
April 14, 2023
More than 60 High School Future Farmers of America (FFA) students from around the Southern California region competed in Floriculture, Nursery/Landscape, and Vegetable Crop contests. Many thanks to the industry and community members who donated and volunteered to encourage these future farmers and make the event a success!