The Courses and Programs Committee (CPC) exists for the purpose of making recommendations pertaining to the programs and courses offered by the college, including associated local board policies, administrative procedures, and guidelines, primarily to the Academic Senate. The Academic Senate forwards the committee’s recommendations regarding policies and procedures to the College Council for consideration and recommendation to the superintendent/president and Board of Trustees. The committee acts by means of careful study and open discussion to assure the college’s curriculum has consistent quality, rigor, and compliance with state regulations and standards as well as with district policies and procedures.
Next CPC meeting will be on Thursday, April 22, 2021 from 1pm - 3pm via Zoom.
Second and fourth Thursdays of each month, 1pm - 3pm on the Oceanside Campus via Zoom.
Faculty member appointed by the Academic Senate president. The CPC chair has no term limit.
The full CPC membership consists of fourteen full-time faculty, one associate faculty, three administrators, including the vice president of Instructional Services, two classified staff (one evaluator and one whose job duties relate to curriculum), and one student, all of whom are selected by their appropriate constituent group.
The faculty members are selected to represent the following curricular areas:
- Five faculty members who represent general education: one each who teaches in English, math, natural sciences, art and humanities (excluding English), and social and behavioral sciences. (Note: If a faculty member from this group takes an absence during the academic year or if no one volunteers to serve, the substitute faculty member cannot be from a department already represented on the committee.)
- Two faculty members from CTE.
- One faculty member from each of the following: counseling, non-credit, and pre-transfer.
- The faculty director of Online Education.
- The articulation officer.
Administrators have no terms, thus no term limits, on their participation. The full-time faculty members, including the chair, serve three-year terms (renewable with no term limits), with the exception of the articulation officer, faculty director of Online Education, and faculty members with as-needed expertise (such as the honors coordinator) who are permanent members of the committee. The associate faculty member serves one term that is renewable.
Committee Members 2020-2021
- Joanne Benschop, Articulation Officer
- William Gunn, GE - Area C
- Robert Bond - GE - Area D
- Kelly Hagen, Pre-Transfer
- Linda Hargrove, Associate Faculty (Spring 2021)
- MaryBeth Headlee, GE - Area A
- Jim Julius, Director Online Education
- Donald Munshower, Counseling
- Gilbert Neri, Area C
- David Parker, CE
- Erika Peters, GE - Area B
- Nate Scharff, GE - CE
- Angela Senigaglia, Chair
- Rosa Treptow, Associate Faculty (Fall 2020)
- Brenda Cruz, Classified
- Sinclair Tirona, Classified
- Diane Dieckmeyer, Administrator
- Mike Fino, Administrator
- John Makevich, Administrator