Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the admissions process.
If there are multiple terms available make sure that you have selected the term you
really wanted to register for!
Our SURF enrollment system always enforces all prerequisites. If you have taken the prerequisite at a school other than MiraCosta College you can ask for your prerequisite to be cleared by submitting our Prerequisite/Priority Registration form and attaching the transcripts to the form (unofficial transcripts are fine). Clearing your prerequisite takes up to 5 business days so please plan ahead!
- Once the instructor opens the Canvas class.
Once a student enrolls in a class, the process to assign a course in Canvas to a student runs every 2 hours between 7:23am to 7:23pm Monday to Saturday. The integration does not run on Sundays. If you confirm it has been longer than 2 hours, the student can contact the Student Help Desk for assistance.
You are allowed to take most classes only once, however, there are some instances where you can repeat a course:
- If you earn a grade of F, D, or NP you are allowed to repeat the course.
- The Maximum number of times (including W grades) you may take a course is 3.
- Once you earn a C or better in the course you are not permitted to take it again.
- If the course is designated as repeatable you may be able to take the course again.