Ordering Official Transcripts (from MiraCosta to other recipient)
Option 1 (Preferred Method): Via the Internet - Save Time! Order Online!
MiraCosta College accepts transcript orders on the Internet through a secured site.
Students may request up to five different addresses per order.
You will need to provide the following information
- Your social security number
- Your current name and address with daytime phone number
- All other names you used while attending MiraCosta College
- The dates you attended MiraCosta College
- The name & full address of the intended recipient of your transcript(s)
- Your signature (may be required) on the Authorization/Order form
NOTE: Due to Covid-19 ordering transcripts using the option below may cause a delay because staff are not on campus. We strongly encourage you to use option 1 above at this time.
Option 2: Via Mail for both College Credit and Adult High School Diploma Transcripts
NOTE: Adult High School Diploma transcripts cannot be ordered online. Students must use the paper form below.
Complete a transcript request form College Credit Transcript Request OR Adult High School Diploma Transcript Request giving us all the requested information, OR write us a letter. In the letter, state:
- Your current name and any prior names that you may have used while in attendance
- Your date of birth
- Your social security number
- Dates you attended MiraCosta College at Oceanside, San Elijo or the Community Learning Center
- The name and complete address of where you want the transcript sent
- Indicate the type of transcript desired, either College Credit or Adult High School Diploma program
Your signature is required on either the form or the letter in order to release your transcript. If you want a transcript sent to more than one address, complete extra forms, or note this in your letter.
For Credit transcripts mail or fax the request to:
Admissions and Records Office, MS 10A
Attention Transcript Desk
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
For Adult High School Diploma (non-college Credit) transcripts mail or fax the request to:
Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92058
Sending transcripts to MiraCosta from other Institutions
Note: We strongly encourage you request your transcripts electronically. Due to Covid-19 sending transcripts via US Postal may cause a delay in processing. NOTE: in order to be considered official the electronic transcript must be sent directly from the school to MiraCosta College (if you send your personal copy it will be considered unofficial).
Send transcripts to:
1 Barnard Drive, MS 10A
Oceanside, CA 92056
General Information Regarding Transcripts
View MiraCosta College's Transcript Key
You must pay transcript fees at the time you submit your request or include the payment with your letter. The first two transcripts ever requested are free; thereafter, $5.00 per copy. A $2.00 handling fee will be added to the transcript requests submitted through our online method.
Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts
If you have college transcripts from outside of the United States you must have them translated if you want to use any of the credits for any purposes at MiraCosta College. Please see our Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts guide.
Paper transcripts will take approximately 2 weeks due to Covid-19. Please order transcripts electronically using Option 1 above.
- A student's authorizing signature is required on either an official transcript request form or in a letter in order to release a transcript.
- Transcripts will be mailed only, no pick up.
- College credit from MiraCosta only will show on your transcript. We do not include copies of transcripts from other institutions.
- All credits from MiraCosta will show on your transcript, which will also include any work in progress. We will not issue partial transcripts.
IGETC and CSU/GE CERTIFICATION, if needed can be requested by filling out the Certification Request Form.
Indicate on the request form or in your letter:
- If you would like American Institutions certified
- If you have a grade change pending
- If you have repeated any classes and want to ascertain that your transcript has been updated
If you would like current semester grades on the transcript, you can request this transcript 3 weeks before the end of the semester. For short term classes that ended mid-semester, transcripts are not available until after the end of semester grade posting. Be sure you indicate this on the transcript request form or in your letter. You will need to allow at least 4-6 weeks from the end of the semester before grades will be posted for transcript processing.
Transcripts requests using our online process generate either an electronic transmission or a paper transcript. Both methods are official transcripts. Whenever possible, MiraCosta College will submit the transcript to the receiving institution electronically. At the time of the online transcript request, students will be able to determine whether or not the transcript can be submitted electronically.
If you have additional questions about transcripts, feel free to email us at email@example.com.