Spring 2022 Parking fee WAIVED
Student Lot Parking permits will not be required for Spring 2022. College Police will NOT be enforcing Parking in STUDENT lots only. College Police will continue to enforce STAFF Lots and DISABLED Spaces.
PARKING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL CAMPUSES. Parking permits are non-refundable once selected. Lost permits may be replaced at full cost.
For all parking related issues, please call 760.795.6674 or fill out the Parking Contact InforMation Form.
Parking Regulations are in effect on all days and hours when classes are in session, except Sundays. All traffic laws are in effect at all times.
Parking Rules on Campus
All portions of the California Vehicle Code are in effect for all moving and parked vehicles on campus at all times. The operation of a motor vehicle or bicycle on MiraCosta College property is a privilege granted by California Vehicle Code 21113.a and 22507.8 and Section 15801 of the California Education Code. For the purpose of enforcing parking regulations, all student, visitors, and staff vehicles parked on all campuses (OCN/SEC/CLC) must be registered with a parking permit or use the daily permit dispenser.
At the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses, a vehicle registered to a student must be parked in a marked space in student lots (or along the perimeter road in Oceanside). Motorcycles must be parked in the spaces specifically marked for motorcycles, located in the following areas: Oceanside campus, Lots 1C, 3B, 3C, 3E, 4A, 4E, and 5A; San Elijo campus, Lot 2; and the Community Learning Center, Lot 4. Guest and visitors must purchase a daily parking permit which are located on the OCN campus lots 1A, 3C, 4C, & 5A. There is a parking permit dispenser near the Police Kiosk at the SEC campus and the CLC parking dispenser is located outside the administrative building.
Student Parking Basics
- Parking permits cost $35 ($17.50 in summer and half cost for CLC permits). If you register a licensed moped or motorcycle, the fee is $17.50 ($8.75 in summer). You may choose a hanging permit that is transferable to other vehicles or a sticker permit that must be adhered to the rear bumper or rear window of a vehicle.
- Students may pay fees online via SURF or in person at the Student Accounts Office at the Oceanside campus or the Admissions and Records office at the San Elijo campus.
- Parking Permits MUST BE PICKED UP from College Police (with proof of payment) or the Student Accounts Office at the Oceanside Campus or Admissions and Records at the San Elijo Campus, PERMITS ARE NOT MAILED.
- Students may park in student lots only; no parking in staff. After 6 p.m., students with valid semester parking permits may park in staff lots 1C, 3C, 4C, and 5A only on the Oceanside Campus.
- Daily parking permits are available at all three campuses. Daily permits are available for $.50 at the CLC and $1.00 at the Oceanside & San Elijo campuses.
- Parking is enforced at all times when classes are in session, except Sundays.
- CLC permits are not valid at the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses. CLC students may register their vehicles with the front counter support staff at the CLC.
- MiraCosta College offers no cost parking to disabled students who have a current disabled placard or plate issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Students may only use disabled placards that are registered in their name as the disabled person. They may not use placards that are not registered specifically to them.
- Students with valid disabled placards or plates must register their vehicle with College Police and they may park in any disabled, staff, student and visitor lots as long as the disabled placard is displayed.
Full-Time Staff, Faculty, or Associate Faculty Parking Basics
Full-Time Staff, Faculty, or Associate Faculty please visit the following web page. Enter your vehicle information and then select if you want to come pick up your permit at the College Police station or if you want College Police to mail it to your mail station.
College Police Hours of Operation
Click the blue Contact & Hours button for the MCPD office hours.
Parking Permit / Decal Placement
If your primary vehicle changes during the semester, simply come in to the College Police office and update your vehicle information. For decal users, remove the permit from the old vehicle, bring in the pieces to College Police, register your new vehicle, and the permit will be replaced.
All vehicles parked on any MiraCosta College campus must display a valid parking permit. Vehicle must have permit properly displayed:
- Hanging permits must be displayed on the rear-view mirror with the number clearly visible from the outside.
- Sticker decals must be adhered to the vehicle’s right rear bumper or right rear window.
- Daily permits must be displayed on the dash board with date and time facing up.
Failure to display the permit according to these guidelines can result in a citation.
Traffic and Parking Citations
The MiraCosta College District police officers have the authority to issue traffic and parking citations where violations occur. Violations include, but are not limited to: improper display of decal, parking on campus without displaying a valid permit, reckless driving, speeding, ignoring stop signs, parking in unauthorized or reserved areas, cell phone usage while driving, and excess noise while operating a vehicle on campus. The campus speed limit in parking lots is 10 miles per hour. Other speed limits are as posted.
Parking citations are $52.50 ($342.50 for parking in disabled parking spaces without a valid handicapped placard or license plate and $62.50 for an unregistered vehicle through DMV). These citations are kept at the College Police office for a period of 21 calendar days during which time the fine may be paid at the Cashier’s Office or at the Admissions and Records office at the San Elijo Campus or can be paid at https://paymycite.com. After the 21 days, the citation will be sent to an agency for collection and the fine will increase. If the fine is still not paid it will be forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles. The DMV will refuse to register or re-register the vehicle until all outstanding citations have been paid in full or dismissed. Students are also subject to disciplinary action in cases of repeated violations. Traffic violation fines vary. These citations are processed by the local courts.
Oceanside (OCN) & San Elijo (SEC) Students have 1 week from the first day of each semester (Late start classes do not apply). During this week, students may park only in student lots without a permit and will not be cited. After the grace period has expired, all students are expected to have their permits on their vehicle; any vehicles not displaying a valid semester permit will be cited. Do not park in staff lots; unauthorized vehicles will be cited. Community Learning Center (CLC) Students have a one week grace period from the first day of each term (2 terms per semester).
Parking citations may be appealed at the College Police Department offices within the first 21 calendar days from the date of issuance only. Appeals are reviewed by the Parking Citation Appeal Panel consisting of members of the Faculty, Staff and Student populations. The purpose of a review is to provide some additional information that the officer or PSO was not aware of at the time the citation was issued. All requests are to be returned to the MiraCosta College Parking office (mailing address: One Barnard Drive Oceanside, CA 92056) within 21 days from date of issuance. It is imperative that you present a preponderance of credible evidence against the prima facie case presented by the issuing agency. Attach any documents you feel are necessary to help support your case (i.e.- copy of your disabled person ID, copy of a parking permit, etc.)
Once the citation review has been completed, you will be notified by mail of the results. This process could take up to six weeks. You are not responsible for the citation until the appeal process is complete; however, you are responsible for contacting the parking office if you do not receive a response within six weeks. This document will be reviewed by members of MiraCosta College District Appeal Committee: One Faculty, one staff, and one student representative.
- Proceed to the online appeal form
- Print a paper appeal form
- https://paymycite.com (contest ticket online)
Payment arrangements for parking citations may be requested by completing the Payment arrangement form and taking it to the College Police station at the Oceanside Campus.
Please take note of the following:
Parking citations not paid or appealed within 21 calendar days will incur a $15.00 late fee. Citations will be sent to a processing agency for collection after 21 days. DMV registration of vehicle will be held until payment is made in full. Fines also increase once sent to DMV. Traffic violation fines vary depending on violation.
Skateboards, roller blades, and scooters are not to be ridden at any time on campus. (Safety Handbook, section 5.) Bicycles may not be ridden on sidewalks or paths; bicycles must be pushed to bicycle racks. Bicycles must be parked in racks provided in such a manner as not to obstruct sidewalks, paths, or vehicle flow. Racks are located in most staff lots. (Safety Handbook, section 5.) No animals are permitted on campus grounds. Exception: seeing-eye/service dogs. (Policy 8000.)
MiraCosta College accepts no responsibility for either thefts or damage to cars or contents of cars parked on campus. A student's own insurance should cover these matters. MiraCosta College does request that such incidents to be reported to the College Police Department.
Public Transportation Information
MTS and NCTD riders can now use the new regional fare system, PRONTO. PRONTO replaces the Compass Card and Cloud systems entirely, offering riders a better payment experience when choosing transit.
Instructions To Download PRONTO App From Your Smart Phone
- Download the PRONTO App
- Once you download the App click on Sign Up
- Then you will be asked for your Email, First Name, Last Name, and Password (you will choose a password and confirm that password)
- Click you agree to Mobile App Terms and click continue
- You will then be asked to choose two security questions then click sign up
- Click on manage and then click Create or Add Card
- Create a Virtual Card for Free (ordering a Physical Card will cost $2.00). Choose Virtual Card, Adult Card Type will automatically populate, name it if you choose or skip and just click
- Create Virtual Card
You are now all set to use and manage your card, purchase daily passes, find out departure times, plan trips, and so much more! Be sure to register your card in case it is lost or stolen.
From A Computer
Allows you to register, log in and gives great detailed information on the PRONTO Pass including Earn as You Go so that you always get the best fare and never pay more than a Day Pass in a day, or a Month Pass in a calendar month.
Be sure to have us link your Virtual or Physical Card to MiraCosta College to get a discount.
Monthly PRONTO Card from MiraCosta College is $ 57.60 per calendar month! Purchases from the 1st -19th (valid for current month). Purchases on 20th or later (valid for following month).
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo only for payment.
The SPRINTER light rail train stops at the College Station every half-hour and connects with the BREEZE bus route 325 to complete the trip to the Oceanside campus. BREEZE Route 325 begins/ends at the Carlsbad Village COASTER Station. The schedule is coordinated according to the arrivals/departures of the SPRINTER.
The BREEZE bus Route 302 serves the Oceanside Campus seven days a week, running approximately every 30 minutes until 10 p.m.
Community Learning Center
BREEZE bus route 303 serves the Community Learning Center on Mission Avenue in Oceanside every 15 minutes until 6 p.m. and every 30 minutes until 11 p.m. BREEZE bus route 313 also serves this campus with hourly service on weekdays.
If you have any questions regarding parking regulations, safety or security, call College Police at (760) 795-6674.