SAS High Tech Center
The SAS High Tech Center is located in the 3000 building at the Oceanside campus. Here you can use, test, or learn about any of the assistive technology devices and software listed below. Additional support for technology related needs and questions, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Canvas, SURF, Zoom, submitting assignments, and saving PDFs is available. Support from High Tech Center staff will be available both on-ground and via Zoom at specific times, which you can find below. Students may also use the High Tech Center lab to print papers, notes, PowerPoint slides, or other educationally related materials (*if you need to print large documents, please consult with a member of the High Tech Center or SAS).
High Tech Center Hours of Operation
The High Tech Center will be open for student use during the following times. Students are not required to have an appointment to make use of the High Tech Center lab during the hours listed below.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
* Limited staff support will be available until 4:00 p.m.
High Tech Center Expectations
- Food and drink must be consumed outside of the High Tech Center.
- Technology is available on a first-come, first serve basis, however, you might be given a time limit if there are other students waiting to use the lab
- You might be asked to switch stations to accommodate all students aiming to use the lab
- Printing services will be monitored by staff and you might be asked to cease printing if usage becomes excessive
- Technology must be used on-site unless otherwise specified or arranged with a staff member
Technology and Tools
The SAS student computer lab on the Oceanside Campus has a wide selection of hardware and computer software for all students affiliated with SAS.
If you have any questions regarding assistive technology, please contact the SAS Office at 760-795-6658.
Technology Available for on-site usage or trial
- Full-Featured Student Usage Lab PCs
- Kurzweil 3000
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Adaptive Keyboards
- Adaptive Mice
- Clear View CCTV
Technology available for student loan
- DAISY Book Readers
- Digital Voice Recorders
- Hearing Amplification Equipment
- Large and Talking Calculators
High Tech Center Technology Training: A Canvas resource that includes learning modules students can access at their own pace to learn fundamental skills about learning technologies.
If you require assistance or have any questions about the High Tech Center, please contact Henry Cohn-Geltner, Assistive Technology Assistant, at email@example.com or 760.795.6658.