MiraCosta College’s Student Accessibility Services provides academic counseling for students with documented disabilities. Explore majors and develop an educational plan to help you obtain your educational goals. SAS counselors assist with comprehensive academic services including but not limited to certificate/associate degree options, transfer preparation, transcript review, education planning, semester course selection and scheduling. Appropriate academic accommodations are authorized and established each semester and accommodations are course specific. In addition, students are provided with appropriate campus and community referrals as needed.
- Contact the SAS front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6658 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
- Appointments can be scheduled at all three campus locations (OCN, SAN, and CLC) and can be conducted in-person, via zoom or over the phone.
- Please arrive to your counseling appointments promptly. To allow for sufficient time in the counseling appointments, the appointment may be canceled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Our recommendation is that students should meet/connect with a SAS counselor at least once per year.
- Continuing students with the SAS who have met with a SAS counselor within one year, may email or call SAS to request accommodation letters for new courses. Please note, if you are requesting a change to your accommodations, or would like to discuss and review your current accommodations, please contact SAS for an appointment.
- Students should meet with a counselor as soon as possible to develop an Education Plan. To maintain priority students must have an education plan by the end of their second semester at MiraCosta.