Encouraging Students To Use STEMLC & ASI Services
- The STEMLC & ASI offer students a wide variety of free tutoring support services in both STEM and non-STEM courses. Our friendly, inviting environment includes professional learning coaches and trained tutors ready to support students.
- Students are more likely to use our services if you encourage them and share what we offer that can help them succeed!
- Syllabus blurb and additional ideas to help direct students to STEMLC & ASI Services.
- Request a class visit or STEMLC tour with this form (access with your MiraCosta Google account).
Requesting STEMLC & ASI Data
Recommending Students To Apply As STEMLC & ASI Tutors
- We rely on faculty to assist us in identifying student candidates for future STEMLC
& ASI peer tutoring positions.
- Peer tutors are not content matter experts, they are guides to learning.
- Excellent candidates are students from your current classes who understand the material (at the A or B grade level) and can help other students understand the material.
- We actively seek recommendations from faculty via email during the fall and spring
semesters for our typical December and May hiring periods (recommendations are due
by the beginning of week 12).
- If you have identified students who can fulfill the role of a peer tutor, please participate in our recommendation process and encourage those students to apply.
- Outside of our typical hiring periods, please refer students to our STEMLC Jobs page and contact our Faculty Coordinator for additional information.
Requesting Office Hours In The STEMLC