Free Tutoring Support in STEM Courses
Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Philosophy 110 and most courses in Astronomy, Earth Science, Geography, Geology, Horticulture, Oceanography, and Physical Science. This includes support for all math and science courses taught at the CLC, math and science questions from other courses, and support of the self-paced programs listed below.
- Drop-in and Scheduled Sessions: 1:1 live tutoring support for your class
- Drop Off A Question (Canvas): when we aren’t open, drop a question off and our tutors will respond
- Workshops and Events: Group Study, Exam Prep, TEAS Prep sessions and more!
- On Campus and Virtual Study Rooms
- Books, laptops, calculators, models and more available for use in our centers.
- Additional STEM Student Resources
All in a friendly, inviting environment with qualified instructors, professional subject matter experts, and trained tutors and staff ready to support you.
Self-Paced Programs We Support
Self enroll in these free, self-paced Canvas courses at any time and bring questions to the STEMLC staff.
- Spark. The Spark program allows students to review key math concepts as they prepare for courses in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Mathematics (coming soon: Economics). Spark self enroll link.
- Calc-Boost. The Calc-Boost program came from a joint MiraCosta College and CSU-San Marcos grant; the purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to review key Calculus 1 concepts as they prepare for Calculus 2. Calc-Boost self enroll link.
- Chem Challenge. For students looking to review key science ideas (significant figures, unit conversions) or specific chemistry ideas (stoichometry or chemical nomenclature), check out this excellent review option. Also, students looking to take the challenge exam to move from Chem 140 into Chem 150 should check out the review and then follow the directions on the page to take the challenge exam. Chem Challenge self enroll link.
STEMLC services are available at Oceanside and San Elijo Campuses, the Community Learning Center, and online through Zoom.
We look forward to seeing you soon!