Are you intrigued by human behavior? Are you curious about how societies meet their needs? The Social and Behavioral Sciences ACP will introduce you to cultures and societies from around the world and throughout history to help you understand the social, political, psychological, and economic forces that shape our world today.
- Our classes will prepare you for careers and transfer in administration of justice, anthropology, early childhood education, economics, geography, history, human development, psychology, political science, religious studies, and sociology.
Careers in Social & Behavioral Sciences *
- Attorneys, criminologists, police officers, corrections officers, court reporters, and paralegals.
- Economists, public policy analysts, social workers, anthropologists, psychologists, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists.
- Preschool teachers, daycare managers, elementary school/middle/high school teachers, professors, and counselors.
* Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
The San Marcos resident was lacking a clear vision of what she wanted in her future after graduating from High Tech High North County. So, a couple years later, Walker decided to give MiraCosta College a try. Good thing. Today, Walker is thriving in MiraCosta College's Child Development program, is preparing to transfer to a university, and is laying the foundation to work as a preschool teacher or director – and perhaps earning a master’s degree in the field.Read More About Chelise-
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Administration of Justice||Administration of Justice for Transfer||MAP|
|Anthropology||Anthropology for Transfer||MAP|
|Child Development||Assistant Teacher|
|Associate Teacher (MCC GE)||MAP|
|Associate Teacher (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Child and Adolescent Development for Transfer|
|Early Childhood Education for Transfer||MAP|
|Early Intervention and Inclusion|
|Master Teacher (MCC GE)||MAP|
|Master Teacher (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Site Supervisor (MCC GE)||MAP|
|Site Supervisor (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Teacher (MCC GE)||MAP|
|Teacher (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Economics||Economics Major Prep (CSU)||MAP|
|Economics Major Prep (UC)||MAP|
|Optimal Aging and Older Adulthood|
|History||History for Transfer||MAP|
|Liberal Arts: Multicultural Studies||Liberal Arts: Multicultural Studies|
|Liberal Arts: Social and Behavioral Sciences||Liberal Arts: Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Political Science||Law, Public Policy, and Society for Transfer|
|Political Science Major Prep||MAP|
|Psychology for Transfer||MAP|
|Social Work & Human Services||Social Work & Human Services for Transfer||MAP|
|Sociology for Transfer||MAP|
|Social Justice Studies for Transfer: Chicano Studies||MAP|
|Social Justice Studies for Transfer: Gender Studies||MAP|
|Social Justice Studies for Transfer: LGBTQ Studies||MAP|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.