MTS and NCTD riders can now use the new regional fare system, PRONTO. PRONTO replaces the Compass Card and Cloud systems entirely, offering riders a better payment experience when choosing transit.
Instructions to Download PRONTO App from your Smart Phone
- Download the PRONTO App
- Once you download the App click on Sign Up
- Then you will be asked for your Email, First Name, Last Name, and Password (you will choose a password and confirm that password)
- Click you agree to Mobile App Terms and click continue
- You will then be asked to choose two security questions then click sign up
- Click on manage and then click Create or Add Card
- Create a Virtual Card for Free (ordering a Physical Card will cost $2.00). Choose Virtual Card, Adult Card Type will automatically populate, name it if you choose or skip and just click
- Create Virtual Card
You are now all set to use and manage your card, purchase daily passes, find out departure times, plan trips, and so much more! Be sure to register your card in case it is lost or stolen.
From a computer
- Allows you to register, log in and gives great detailed information on the PRONTO Pass including Earn as You Go so that you always get the best fare and never pay more than a Day Pass in a day, or a Month Pass in a calendar month.
Be sure to have us link your Virtual or Physical Card to MiraCosta College to get a discount.
Monthly PRONTO Card from MiraCosta College is $ 57.60 per calendar month! Purchases from the 1st -19th (valid for current month). Purchases on 20th or later (valid for following month).
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo only for payment.