Refunds are given when students officially drop or withdraw from a class during the scheduled refund deadline. For a list of important dates and refund deadlines please visit the Admissions & Records webpage or click here for more information. Failure to attend class does not constitute an official drop.
After a class is dropped during the scheduled refund period and your classes are paid for, you will be refunded by the method you paid. Students who paid by credit or debit card, will have the refund credited back the card used. Students who paid by check or ACH will be refunded by check to the students mailing address on file with the college. Students who need to update their address, please contact Admission & Records or follow the online tutorial. Since class start dates can differ from class to class, students should refer to the Important Dates webpage in order to determine the drop date required for 100% tuition refund.
Refunds are processed weekly, please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
A refund of all fees will be given to eligible students, providing one of the following has been met:
- A student’s class has been canceled by the District.
- A student has officially dropped their class - during the first two weeks of the semester if in a full-term class or by the 10% date if in a short-term or late-start course.
- A student who is a member of an active or reserve military service who receives orders compelling a withdrawal from courses at any time during the semester, if they provide proper paperwork to the Admissions & Records office.
- CCPG waiver reimbursement for students who have paid their tuition prior to the waiver. (CCPG waiver only waives enrollment fees.)
Students who drop all classes by the refund deadline are eligible to receive a refund for their:
- Enrollment fee
- Health Services fee
- Materials fee (if applicable)
- Nonresident tuition
- Student Center fee
- Student Representation fee
Financial assistance recipients MUST notify the Financial Aid Office immediately when there is a change in enrollment status. Funds received from Federal programs may need to be returned. Learn more about Financial Aid and Drop/Withdrawals.
The Parking fee and I.D. card fee are nonrefundable.
Committee on Exceptions
Students may fill out a Committee on Exceptions (COE) form found on their SURF account under forms to petition their reasons for not having dropped by the state mandated deadline.
Expecting A Refund?
For students receiving federal financial aid refunds and have questions, please call the Financial Aid Office at 760.795.6711.
For questions regarding other refunds, please call the Student Accounts office at 760.795.683.