A refund of all fees will be given to eligible students, providing one of the following has been met:
- A student’s class has been canceled by the district.
- A student has officially dropped from their class - during the first two weeks of the semester if in a full term.
- A student has officially dropped from their class by the 10% date if in a short-term course or intersession.
- A student who is a member of an active or reserve military service who receives orders compelling a withdrawal from courses at any time during the semester.
*It is the student's responsibility to drop classes by the refund deadline or incur the fees. Refunds or waivers will not be made for classes that you do not attend.
Students that drop all classes by the refund deadline are eligible to receive a refund for their:
- Enrollment fee
- Health services fee
- Materials fee
- Nonresident tuition
- Student center fee
- Student Representation fee
The Parking fee and I.D. card fee are NON-refundable.
Classes dropped after the first two weeks for regular session or after the 10% date for short term courses will not be refunded.
Students may fill out at COE form found on their surf account under forms to petition their reasons for not having dropped by the state mandated deadline.
Expecting a Refund?
Refunds will be automatically processed back to your credit card or mailed if you paid by check or cash. Allow 1 to 2 weeks for processing.
For student receiving federal financial aid funds, refunds must first be repaid to federal aid programs. For financial aid questions call 760.795.6711. For Admissions and Record questions call 760.795.6620.
For questions regarding other refunds call the student accounts office at 760.795.6835