As part of MiraCosta College’s commitment to IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility), the Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) is working with members of our Human Resources team to collect updated sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) data for college employees. This work builds upon the legacy, labor, and leadership of individuals amongst the LGBTQIA+ community who have advocated in the past for recognition and representation at MiraCosta College.
We are asking all MiraCosta College employees to update your SOGI data in Workday!
Why are we asking for this information?
Employees including SOGI data in Workday allows the college to:
- ensure LGBTQIA+ employees are counted, acknowledged, and valued as essential members of the MiraCosta College community
- affirm that diverse sexual orientations and gender identities matter and belong at MiraCosta College
- analyze if our employees reflect the diverse identities of our students, including sexual orientation and gender identity
- reflect on the findings, and take appropriate action to recruit prospective employees with LGBTQIA+ identities as needed
- assist with Equal Employment Opportunity data and understanding the diversity of employees at the college
What will the college do with this data?
Collected data will be viewed and assessed by the EEOAC to determine if our employees reflect the diverse identities of our students and raise awareness of the diverse identities of our employees and advocate for needed change on campus. Demographic data will be coupled with other relevant data to better understand the experiences of MiraCosta employees and shared with various campus constituencies to address potential gaps in campus resources, provide training around biases experienced by the community, and create strategies towards creating an inclusive campus environment.
Who sees my data?
Identifying data is kept confidential and can only be seen by Human Resources staff. Disaggregated SOGI data that does not have any identifying information or cannot specifically identify any employees will be regularly reviewed by the EEOAC and shared broadly to ensure transparency.
How often can I change my data?
We recognize that identity is fluid and as such, any employee can update their SOGI data at any time by following the guide linked via the QR code at the top of the page.
Contact the Office of IDEA at email@example.com.