Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, EOPS Program services will be provided online during Fall 2020. Our office at the Oceanside campus is closed.
Current EOPS students: Please check your e-mail regularly to stay informed of any EOPS program updates and/or developments.
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program. Established in 1969 with the passage of Senate Bill 164, EOPS is a pioneer program among student success-based initiatives and its components have shown to be essential factors in student success.
The EOPS program's mission is to encourage the enrollment, retention, graduation and transfer of students disadvantaged by language barriers and/or social, economic and educational circumstances. EOPS services are designed to give students individualized attention and support as they work to achieve their academic goals.
EOPS Admissions Eligibility Requirements
- Be enrolled in 12* or more units at the time of acceptance to the program.
- Be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) "A" or "B" (formerly Board of Governors Fee Waiver).
- Be a California resident or meet AB540/California Dream Act requirements.
- Be educationally or socially disadvantaged as determined by mandated state regulations AND
- Not have completed 70 degree-applicable units of college coursework.
*Exceptions are made for students with verification from Disabled Students Program and Services (DSPS).
Chat With Us Online
Administrative Support Assistant III
760.795.6680 or 760.359.8310
Online Office Hours
Monday 8am - 4:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday 8am - 6:30pm
Friday 8am - 3pm