NextUp is a supplemental component of Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS). NextUp was created to support foster youth students seeking to further their educational career in California’s Community College system by providing “over, above, and in addition to” services and support.
How to join the NextUp Program at MiraCosta College
- Apply to MiraCosta College.
- Submit a Financial Aid application.
- Complete the online orientation and advisement sessions.
- Enroll in classes.
- Schedule an appointment with the NextUp/RAFFY Counselor.
- Academic Counseling
- Specialized Workshops
- Transportation Assistance via Gas Cards and Bus Passes
- Meal Vouchers
- Priority registration
- Book Service.
- Be a current or former foster youth in California whose dependency was established or continued by a court of competent jurisdiction, including a tribal court, on or after the youth’s 13th birthday.
- Be no older than 25 years of age at the commencement of the academic year in which the student first enrolls in the program.
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units or work to progressively enroll in 9 units.
- Provide a letter of dependency/ward of the court letter to the NextUp Student Services Specialist.
EOPS/NextUp and RAFFY Student Services Specialist
EOPS/NextUp and RAFFY Counselor