The full 2020 calendar and flyers are available on our Instagram account: @mccsjec
Academic year 2022-23 / Latinx and Chicanx Series presents
Virtual Library Display
The MiraCosta College Library has created captivating Online Displays featuring items from their collections of each of the History and Heritage Programming. Make sure to check out the following online displays for books and ebooks, biographies of famous people, and online films and documentaries.
Video: What Do You Love about Your Cultura?
Look for some of your favorite Latinx Chicanx MiraCostans talking about what brings them joy and pride when they think about their cultures.
- Latinx Chicanx Heritage Month Kickoff Dance Party & Mercadito
- The Historical Perspective on Chicanx/Latinx Art with Alessandra Moctezuma
- Arte hasta la muerte: Awareness & Advocacy: Paint the Fields with Us!
- Virtual Paint Party with El Comalito Collective
- "A Dream Called Home" by Reyna Grande
- Fat Liberation & Cultura
- Solidarity Sounds and Spaces
- Good Chisme: A Roundtable Discussion on Identity, Language, & Raza
- UCLA Quechua Lecturer: Luz Maria de La Torre (Being an Indigenous Women in Contemporary Times)
- Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead Celebration on Campus)
- Juntas Tour (Writing and Poetry Practices presented by Yesika Salgado and Karla Cordero)
- Archived 2019 Events
More events are being added throughout the year, so please stay tuned. The Latinx and Chicanx planning committee is comprised of students, faculty, and staff. To learn more about how to integrate any of the events into your class, program, or club, please email email@example.com.
For more information on these services and programs contact:
History and Heritage Programming are a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.