Western eTutoring Consortium
Should one of our service areas be closed, you can still find additional support through the Western eTutoring Consortium or NetTutor. Find NetTutor through the Student Support Hub in your dashboard on Canvas or check out the eTutoring Consortium link below. These “off-site” services are also free to MiraCosta students.
MiraCosta participates in the Western eTutoring Consortium of colleges and universities to provide free live online and email-based tutoring support for a variety of subjects. MiraCosta students log in to the eTutoring website with their SURF username. See below for:
- a list of subjects eTutoring supports,
- a screenshot of the eTutoring site to understand how to use its various services,
- and the schedule of live tutors for various subjects in the current week and upcoming week.
What Subjects does eTutoring Support?
- Anatomy Physiology
- Computer Science (Java and C++)
- Math (Developmental through Trigonometry)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver)
What Does eTutoring Look Like and How Do I Use It?
What is the eTutoring Schedule for the Current and Upcoming Week?
Scroll to the top right and click Next Week >> to advance the schedule to the following week.
Once you have opened the schedule page, to view the upcoming week, mouse to the top right and click Next Week >>.