The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
- Delores Loedel
- France Magtira
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Associate Faculty, Communication Studies
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2020-2021
- President: Cherise Camacho
- Executive Vice President: Sydney Contreras
- Vice President of Records: Kristina Quandt
- Vice President of Finance: TBD
- Vice President of Service: Robert Bennett
- Vice President of Public Relations: Brittany Engel
- Vice President of Scholarship: Christopher Burroughs
- Vice President of Scholarship: Arian Nazari
- Honors in Action Chairs: Negar Farahbakhsh and Lauren DiPietro
- College Project Chairs: Lorena Paringit and Michelle Hargrove
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Received an Invite?
Congratulations! Enter your passcode or email to accept your invitation.
Video: Phi Theta Kappa Membership FAQs
- PTK Virtual Scholarship Event - Oct. 21st / 3:30 p.m (PST): This event is primarily focused on the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship, with Khadijah Bint (MCC/PTK alum and JKC scholar) as a guest to speak about her experience applying and now as a JKC scholar. In addition, the MiraCosta Scholarship Office will discuss the scholarships that will be opening in the spring. Chris Burroughs will also present information on the current PTK scholarships that are open, and any scholarship-related questions will be answered. Please see the PTK email newsletter for the Zoom invite.
- Volunteer Opportunity - Drive-Thru Farmers Markets: Volunteer with PTK this semester at the MiraCosta Drive-Thru Farmers Markets. The
dates are below and the time commitment is 11:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Click here to sign up and mention PTK in the comments so we know how many from PTK will be there to volunteer.
We will reach out to you to bring a chapter t-shirt for you to wear at the event.
- Tuesday, October 13 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)
- Tuesday, October 27 (OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C)
- Monday, November 9 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)
- Tuesday, November 24 (OCN Campus - Parking Lot 3C)
- Monday, December 14 (San Elijo Campus - Parking Lot 2)
Check back later for current news and updates!