The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
- Delores Loedel
- France Cruz, Ed.D.
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Alumni Association Coordinator
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2021-2022
- President: John Siebelink
- Executive Vice President: Negar Farahbakhsh
- Vice President of Records: Austin Quandt
- Vice President of Scholarship: Katalina Neal
- Vice President of Service: Justin Porter
- Vice President of Finance: Carlie Ray
- Vice President of Fellowship: Hayat Sherif
- Vice President of Public Relations: Eva Collier
- College Project Co-Coordinator: Inayah Abdulmateen
- College Project Co-Coordinator: Despina Karandinos
- Honors in Action Co-Coordinator: Andrea Matis Arce
- Honors in Action Co-Coordinator: Jasmine Rios
- Honors in Action Co-Coordinator: Karen Matias
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Received an Invite?
Congratulations! Enter your passcode or email to accept your invitation.
Featured Video: Become Who You Always Wanted to Be
- Join us for Volunteering at the Farmer's Markets
Click here to RSVP. Make sure to put 'PTK' in the comment section so we can get a PTK t-shirt to you.
News and Other Updates
Interested in getting more involved with PTK?
Join our Honors in Action (HIA) committee or our College Project Committee. These are great projects to add to your college apps/scholarship apps and/or resume. For further information, please email PTK@miracosta.edu.
The 2021-2022 PTK Scholarship Application is open. Click on the link below to check eligibility requirements and to apply! scholarships.ptk.org.