ASG is here to advocate for our students! Advocacy is a core responsibility of the Associated Student Government and we are committed to advocacy work on and off campus.
ASG Advocacy: Commitments & Resolutions
ASG Statements and Commitments
- City of Encinitas: Letter in Support of Bike Safety
- Statement of Support: International Students
- Statement of Support: Black and African American Students
Resolutions represent the position or the will of the Student Senate using the standard resolution form derived from parliamentary procedure. Resolutions are identified with an "R" for "Resolution" followed by the current fiscal year, "FY", and ending in the numeric order from which it was approved. Resolutions remain in effect unless otherwise identified with a sunset date. Currently, the ASG Constitution does not have an automatic sunset date in its articles or bylaws. In the absence of an identified sunset date, the resolution remains in effect.
- R-FY21-02: Support Against Hate Crimes
- R-FY21-01: Authorizing Teleconferencing for Meetings Pursuant to AB 361 (R. 2-21)
- R-FY20-05: Support for Dream Center Establishment
- R-FY19-02: Speaking Out Against White Supremacy
- R-FY19-03: United Against Hate Crimes
- R-FY18-01: Resolution to Stand in Solidarity with DACA Students
- R-FY17-02: Resolution in Support of MiraCosta Community College District Bond Election - In Favor of Proposition
- R-FY17-01: Resolution to Stand In Solidarity With Our LGBTQIA+ Students of MiraCosta College
- R-FY16-01: Resolution to Stand in Solidarity With Our African American Students, Students of Color, and the Black Student Union of MiraCosta College
- R-FY14-01: Resolution in support of the creation of a Student Center Annex/South on MiraCosta Community College's Oceanside Campus
SSCCC (Student Senate California Community College)
The SSCCC is the community college student governing body for the entire state of California. We participate in the SSCCC to engage in advocacy and lobby work at the local and state level to advocate on behalf of our student community. To learn more about the SSCCC please visit https://www.studentsenateccc.org.