As a student in these challenging times, there may be times when personal stressors interfere with your academic performance and/or negatively impact your daily life. Please know that MiraCosta College Health Services offers personal counseling sessions and groups.
For a session, call 760-795-6675 for the Oceanside Campus, 760.757.2121 x7747 for the San Elijo Campus, or visit the Health Services website. There is no additional fee for these sessions for credit students, and the content of the sessions is confidential.
In a crisis situation, or after hours, call Campus Police at 760.795.6640, local police at 911, or The Up2SD Crisis Line at 1.888.724.7240, or text the word “COURAGE” to the crisis text line at 741741. For 24-hour mental health care services, call 888.515.0595 or visit the CareSolace website.
How to Refer a Student
There are several ways to refer a student:
- Bring the student to the health center for a warm hand-off: rm. 3326 on the Oceanside campus, open M-Th 8am-7pm, and F 8am-3pm and rm. 917 on the San Elijo campus open M-F 9am-3pm.
- Call us while the student is with you on Zoom: 760.795.6675 for the Oceanside office and 760.757.2121 ext. 7747 for the San Elijo office.
- Guide the student to fill out our appointment inquiry form.
- Fill out a CARE referral form on the student’s behalf. *Be sure and let the student know you have done so, and that a staff member will be reaching out.
- For additional info, check out the Jed Foundation's Faculty Guide to Supporting Student Mental Health.
For Classroom Presentations
Health Services offers in-person and Zoom presentations for students about our medical and mental health counseling services. Presentations are typically 15 minutes, but can be adjusted to be shorter or longer with advance notice. Pre-recorded presentations for asynchronous classes are also available. Please email Ghada at firstname.lastname@example.org for presentation requests.
Peer Educator Program
Do you know a student who is passionate about reducing stigma around seeking mental health help? Please consider recommending that student for our Health Services’ Peer Educator student worker program! Please email Abby at email@example.com for more information.