LGBTQIA+ Academic Success & Equity Program
Our LGBTQIA+ Academic Success & Equity (ASE) Program is designed to guide LGBTQIA+ students and allies to reach their academic goals & embrace their identity as they build community at MiraCosta College.
Academic Counseling Support
LGBTQIA+ ASE students receive guidance from counselors to achieve their academic goals in an affirming way with:
- Academic, Career, & Personal Counseling
- Creating/Editing your Educational Plan
- Explore Careers and Degrees at MiraCosta College
- Learning about the Transfer Experience
- Connection to On-and-Off campus academic and identity-based resources
- Opportunity to participate in LGBTQIA+ centralized school events, activities, & workshops
- Leadership Opportunities
- & much more!
Contact our counseling department via Cranium Cafe or via phone call at 760.795.6670. Make sure you ask to meet with Counselor Lucio Lira.
As a cohort, students take a counseling class that prepares them to succeed academically, enhance lifelong learning, and identify support services on- and off-campus. In addition to enrolling in a counseling class, students also enroll in a general education class with professors who identify as a part of or are allied with the LGBTQIA+ Community.
In collaboration with LGBTQIA+ Equity, there are many opportunities to build community, such as:
- Prism Collective
- Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA) Club
- Lavender Welcome & Celebration
- Rainbow Stoles
- & much more!
LGBTQIA+ ASE is one of the Academic Success & Equity (ASE) programs. ASE programs offer professional development workshops and promote a career and life planning course open to all ASE students. These curricular and co-curricular offerings promote and help students make effective decisions regarding their career and life choices, increasing their employability.