Pride Inclusion Training
The Pride Inclusion Training was created to ensure that every member of the MiraCosta College community has access to high quality information to aid in the support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual [LGBTQIA+] students, faculty, and staff. The training, open to every MiraCosta community member, aims to increase awareness and understanding of LGBTQIA+ issues and to train those outside of this community to advocate for LGBTQIA+ people. The training also works to support the college’s efforts to promote an accepting, supportive, and diverse learning environment for all members of the campus community. Itwas created by LGBTQIA+ Equity Staff members India Pierce and Jordan Sanchez, it launched in March 2021. It could not have been completed without the support of numerous students, staff, and faculty members who provided invaluable feedback.
- Module 1 - The history of a movement
- Module 2 - Identity development
- Module 3 - Sexual Orientation
- Module 4 - Gender
- Module 5 - Intersecting identities and cultural realities
- Module 6 - The state of things
- Module 7 - Power, privilege, and allyship
The training lives on Canvas, is progressive, and not timed to ensure that every participant has the time they need to complete the content at their own pace. You do not have to finish the course in one sitting.
Pre and Post Assessments
Before you begin the training you will need to complete a pre-assessment. After the completion of all modules,you will receive instruction to completethe post assessment. These assessments are mandatory and essential to making sure we that the training meets the goals that have been set. They will take no more than a few minutes to complete, we thank you in advance for taking the time to complete them.
- Certificate and sticker - everyone who completes the training will receive a certificate of completion and sticker to post in their workspace.
- Attend Refreshers - participants who complete the training are eligible to attend training refreshers that will be hosted periodically throughout the academic year. These short refreshers will focus on specific topics and give participants an opportunity to dive deep into relevant information.
- Lavender Celebration Honoree - everyone who completes the training will be invited to attend the Lavender Celebration and will be honored for their commitment to improving the climate for LGBTQIA+ people at MiraCosta
Please submit the form below to sign upfor the Pride Inclusion Training. A member of the LGBTQIA+ Equity team will be in touch with you soon tocomplete your enrollment.
Please note: you need a MiraCosta email address to sign up for this training. Students who have not set up their email should follow these instructions prior to signing up.
For more information about the Pride Inclusion Training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org