Pride Inclusion Training
The Pride Inclusion Training was created to ensure that every member of the MiraCosta College community has access to high quality information to aid in the support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual [LGBTQIA+] students, faculty, and staff. The training, open to every MiraCosta community member, aims to increase awareness and understanding of LGBTQIA+ issues and to train those outside of this community to advocate for LGBTQIA+ people. The training also works to support the college’s efforts to promote an accepting, supportive, and diverse learning environment for all members of the campus community. It was created by LGBTQIA+ Equity Staff members India Pierce and Jordan Sanchez, it launched in March 2021. It could not have been completed without the support of: DSPS, Briana Schaeffer, Rachel Garcia, Kristina Londy, and Steven Deniah.
Celebrate our launch
The Pride Inclusion training will launch on Friday, March 12, 2021. Join us as we introduce LGBTQIA+ Equity's signature training. You'll get a sneek peak at the modules and have a chance to get your questions answered by the creators.
Friday March 12, 2020 | 11:30 - Noon
- Module 1 - The history of a movement
- Module 2 - Identity development
- Module 3 - Sexual Orientation
- Module 4 - Gender
- Module 5 - Intersecting identities and cultural realities
- Module 6 - The state of things
- Module 7 - Power, privilege, and allyship
The training lives on Canvas, is progressive, and not timed to ensure that every participant
has the time they need to complete the content at their own pace.
Pre and Post Assessments
Before you begin the training you will need to complete a pre-assessment. After the completion of all modules, you will receive instruction to complete the post assessment. These assessments are mandatory and essential to making sure we that the training meets the goals that have been set. They will take no more than a few minutes to complete, we thank you in advance for taking the time to complete them.
- Certificate and sticker - everyone who completes the training will receive a certificate of completion and sticker to post in their workspace.
- Attend Refreshers - participants who complete the training are eligible to attend training refreshers that will be hosted periodically throughout the academic year. These short refreshers will focus on specific topics and give participants an opportunity to dive deep into relevant information.
- Lavender Celebration Honoree - everyone who completes the training will be invited to attend the Lavender Celebration and will be honored for their commitment to improving the climate for LGBTQIA+ people at MiraCosta
For more information about the Pride Inclusion Training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org