GEAR UP for College is a 4-week summer program that allows OUSD high school students to enroll in a college course. The program includes transportation, meals, textbooks, school supplies, orientation, and academic support - all completely free to you!
This Summer’s Program Dates
June 20th – July 14th
- Week 1: June 20-23 (Tues-Fri)
- Week 2: June 27-30 (Tues-Fri)
- Week 3: July 5-7 (Wed-Fri)
- Week 4: July 11-14 (Tues-Fri)
El Camino and Oceanside High 9th-12th grade students are welcome to apply now. The online application takes about 15-20 minutes. Apply now to get started.
Learn more about the GEAR UP for College Summer Program
- To apply, please complete the online application above and submit. Admissions are rolling, and students who apply now will receive priority.
- Accepted students must attend the entire program (all 15 days) AND the orientation event which is TBD.
- Accepted students must complete a MiraCosta College application and Concurrent Enrollment form, in addition to any OUSD releases/waivers, before the program begins. More information will be provided for accepted students.
- MiraCosta – Omar Jimenez
- Oceanside High School - Ms. Foreman
- El Camino High School - Ms. Degrafft
The GEAR UP for College Program is a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.