Please see below for a list of various leadership development opportunities throughout different MiraCosta College departments, both on and off-campus. The Office of Student Life & Leadership is not affiliated with all the opportunities listed below, but we may be able to provide guidance and assistance, or connect you with other helpful resources. Please reach out to our office if you are interested.
SDSU Leadership Summit
On behalf of the SDSU Division of Student Affairs + Campus Diversity, the Glazer Center for Leadership & Service invites college students from the Western region to attend a one day, on-campus, leadership conference. SDSU's 15ᵗʰ annual Leadership Summit Conference will take place on Saturday, March 9ᵗʰ, 2024 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at SDSU (Campus Location: Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union).
View the Conference Schedule for the Day Here: https://sacd.sdsu.edu/student-life-leadership/events/leadership-summit/program/schedule
Please fill out the form to secure your spot for the conference. Please also indicate if you need transportation to and from the event. Please note that our department can only provide free transportation for 10 students, so please reserve your spot today!
The total cost for student admission to attend this leadership summit event is being paid for by the Office of Student Life & Leadership. Attendees will receive a padfolio, and lunch is FREE!
- Departure Time from the MiraCosta College Oceanside Campus to SDSU: 7:10 a.m. - (In Parking Lot OC3C)
Event Starts Sharply at 8:30 a.m.
- Departure Time from SDSU to the MiraCosta College Oceanside Campus: Around 4:00 p.m.
Return to MiraCosta College Around 5:00 p.m.
DEADLINE TO RSVP IS ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20ᵗʰ at 12:00 p.m.! Please note that this event is ONLY for currently enrolled MiraCosta College students, and employees. Please send any questions, comments, and/or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Please stop by the Oceanside Campus Office of Student Life & Leadership to sign a field trip form by February 20ᵗʰ if you are interested in attending!
CCC LGBTQ+ Summit 2024
The 6ᵗʰ Annual CCC LGBTQ+ Summit will be held virtually April 24ᵗʰ - 25ᵗʰ, 2024 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Join and collaborate with members of the California Community Colleges at all levels. The summit is a space for students, faculty, classified professionals, and administrators where we will focus on this year's theme: "The Unstoppable Movement for Queer & Trans Liberation" and on improving not only individual community college campuses, but encouraging changes at the structural level as well. We will learn from each other's innovative and successful ideas that will transform campuses so that we better serve and affirm LGBTQ+ students.
This is a FREE virtual event with limited capacity. Register now to secure your space today!
MiraCosta Students and Community Partners: Opportunity to Lead at the 2024 MiraCosta College STREAM Festival!
MiraCosta College is excited to extend an invitation to YOU for the upcoming 2024 MiraCosta College STREAM Festival, where we celebrate Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STREAM) through engaging activities and interactive experiences. This year, we are inviting our Spartans to take a leading role by hosting a booth and facilitating a STREAM activity for the K-8ᵗʰ grade community!
- When: Saturday, April 20ᵗʰ from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Where: Oceanside Campus (Near the Clock Tower)
- Develop Leadership Skills: Hosting a booth at the STREAM Festival is a great on-campus leadership opportunity. It allows you to take charge, plan, and execute an interactive activity, and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. These skills are invaluable and transferable to various aspects of your academic and professional journey.
- Showcase Your Passion: As a student presenter, this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your passion for your field of study and inspire the younger generation. By hosting a STREAM activity, you can bring your academic knowledge to life and make a lasting impact on the community.
- Promote Collaboration: The festival is a collaborative effort between MiraCosta students and community partners. By participating, you contribute to a sense of unity and collaboration within the college and with external partners, fostering a supportive academic environment.
- Community Engagement: Families attending the festival are expected to spend 10-15 minutes per activity, providing a unique chance for you to engage with the community. Your booth will be a hub of learning and fun, creating a positive and memorable experience for everyone involved.
- Share Your Unique College Experience: We encourage student presenters not only to host activities, but also to share their college experience with the attendees. This personal touch helps K-8ᵗʰ graders understand the exciting possibilities that await them in higher education.
How to Get Involved
For additional information or questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Together, let's inspire the next generation of thinkers, creators, and leaders!