THE APC will remain offering remote testing services as well as some limited in-person services for the fall 2021 semester.
INSTRUCTORS: Please read the following information sent out to our APC faculty listing ways the APC can support you and your online courses remotely for Fall 2021:
The Academic Proctoring Center will continue to offer remote proctoring via Zoom as an accommodation for students who cannot test within the parameters/dates set by their instructor. This make-up exam service is intended to be used to guarantee access for students who cannot test with the rest of the class due to extenuating circumstances. For students in asynchronous courses, this service is only available to those who are not able to make one of their instructor scheduled/offered exam times. We are happy to offer this service to students and instructors but must note that due to capacity, it is a first-come, first-serve availability and we are unable to proctor for entire course sections.
The Academic Proctoring Center is open Mondays-Saturdays, while classes are in session and offers extended evening hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
APC Remote Office Hours Fall 2021
- Monday, Tuesday 8am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday, Thursday 8am - 8:30pm *
- Friday 8am - 3pm
- Saturday 9am-3pm *
* Evening and Saturday hours are available only when classes are in session. When classes are not in session we close at 4:30pm and the office is closed on Saturdays.
The Academic Proctoring Center offers remote proctoring via Zoom for students needing to make-up an exam. This make-up exam service is intended to be used to guarantee access for students who cannot test with the rest of the class due to extenuating circumstances.
Extenuating circumstances include but are not limited to:
- Students needing to test outside of their course’s designated test time:
- front-line/essential workers needing to work during set exam time
- parents lacking childcare during set exam time
- military students on duty during set exam time
- students fallen ill during set exam time
- SAS (Student Accessibility Service) students with extended time accommodations (referred by SAS Department)
- Students needing more support/guidance with technology, unable to test without this support
Zoom Proctoring requests are approved on a case-by-case basis. The APC does not proctor exams for an entire course and is only to be used as a make-up exam function. Critical need and capacity are determining factors when requests are evaluated.
Appointment Policies for Zoom Proctoring
- Students must email the Academic Proctoring Center to schedule a Zoom proctoring appointment firstname.lastname@example.org. The APC will schedule the meeting in Zoom and send the link in a confirmation email to both proctor and student.
- The student must join the meeting at the scheduled exam time. The appointment will be canceled if the student is more than 15 minutes late.
- The student must have a working webcam, microphone, and sound output via headset or earbuds.
Proctors will ask the student to show their ID, surface of the desk they are working on, and the room they are working in using the webcam. Proctors will remind the student of any proctoring rules for the course and review the requirements of the exam, exam duration, and accommodations. Proctors will ask the student to share their computer screen with computer sound selected. Proctors should be able to see/hear the student’s webcam, microphone, and their computer screen and sound.
- Sinclaire Tirona
Coordinator, Testing Services
- Kaarina Towey
Testing Specialist, OCN
- Arleen Palafox
Testing Specialist, CLC
- Cristina Zafra Lopez
Testing Services Assistant/Testing Specialist, Interim OC
- Lucille Nhan
Testing Services Assistant, Interim OC
- Brayan Astorga
Testing Services Assistant, OC