Please email email@example.com or call 760-795-6685 for more information and to schedule an appointment to take the Chemistry Challenge Exam. Walk-ins are also available at any three testing locations.
The CHEM Challenge Exam is available to those with chemistry knowledge, but without (documented, grade C or better) 1 year of HS chemistry lecture/lab credit or without pre-requisite CHEM 140 (previously CHEM 108) credit.
Chemistry Challenge Exam Information
- 44 multiple choice questions
- 45 minute time limit
- Basic or scientific calculator allowed (calculator must be approved by proctor and will be provided for in-person testing)
- 25 correct responses are needed in order to register for CHEM 150
- Results will be emailed within 2 business days.
- Students have one opportunity to take the Chemistry Challenge Exam (no re-testing)
- If you do not pass the exam, you will need to register for CHEM 140.
To review for the Chemistry Challenge Exam, self-enroll into the Canvas course (must have a MiraCosta SURF ID and login) and take the Chemistry Challenge Exam Prep Course.
You are only able to take the challenge exam once, so please STUDY before taking the exam!
Appointments are recommended but walk-ins are available at all three of our testing sites. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your appointment. We will send you a confirmation email with exam details and more information. After providing a government issued ID, the Testing Center will provide you with a scientific calculator, scratch paper, pencil, and periodic table. You will also receive an invite to your email to join the Chemistry Challenge Exam on Canvas prior to your appointment.
The Course of Record (COR) for CHEM 140, the pre-requisite class for CHEM 150 is provided for your reference.